JetBlue is a top-notch American airline that’s all about delivering a fantastic flying experience. Founded in 1998, this airline has its roots firmly planted in the good ol’ USA. JetBlue’s mission is to bring that extra touch of hospitality and comfort to your journey, all while maintaining a reputation for friendly service and affordable fares. With a focus on customer satisfaction and a commitment to “bringing humanity back to air travel,” JetBlue is a go-to choice for travelers looking for a smooth, hassle-free, and enjoyable flying adventure. So, if you’re fixin’ to jet around the States, JetBlue is the airline to help you soar to new heights!
Flight Reservation Policy:
JetBlue offers an easy and convenient online booking system for customers to make reservations. You can also book through their mobile app or by contacting their customer service.
Flight Check-in Policy:
You can complete your online check-in for your JetBlue (B6) flight within a window of 24 hours to 40 minutes before the scheduled departure time for U.S. domestic flights or 60 minutes for international flights. During this time, you can receive a mobile boarding pass on your mobile device or obtain a printable boarding pass. The specific time limits may vary based on your departure city and destination.
– Blue, Blue Plus, Blue Extra, and Mint fares include a carry-on bag for the overhead bin and a personal item for under the seat.
– Carry-on bags must be within 22″ L x 14″ W x 9″ H, including wheels and handles.
– Personal items must be within 17″ L x 13″ W x 8″ H.
– Blue Basic fares include only a personal item. Additional or larger carry-on bags incur a fee of $65 (1st or 2nd checked bag) or $180 (3rd checked bag).
– Exceptions for Mosaic members, JetBlue transatlantic flights, Blue Basic + Even More® Space seat travelers, active U.S. military, unaccompanied minors, and pet additions to Blue Basic bookings.
– Extra seat purchases do not increase carry-on allowances, per FAA.
– You can add up to 2 checked bags at any time.
– Add more than 2 bags or items with extra fees within 24 hours of departure or at the airport.
– Save money by prepaying for checked bags (applies to the first 2) on jetblue.com or the JetBlue app.
– Mosaic and AAdvantage elite members may get up to 2 free bags.
– International travel may have different bag limitations.
– Ensure checked bags meet size and weight requirements.
– Fees for checked bags added at the airport or within 24 hours of departure.
– Save on fees by adding up to 2 checked bags in advance (more than 24 hours before departure) for $5 off the first and $10 off the second.
– Note: Checked bag fees are refundable only if the entire booking is canceled before the scheduled departure.
The Unaccompanied Minors (UMNR) program is obligatory for children aged five and under 14 years when traveling alone. Once a child turns 14, they are considered an adult traveler, but customers can still request extra assistance in such cases.
To ensure safety, JetBlue restricts the number of unaccompanied minors on each flight to a maximum of three.
You can make reservations for unaccompanied minors on the JetBlue website. When you complete the online booking, a fee of $150 per person, per one-way trip, will be automatically added to the total cost and must be paid at the time of booking.
Flight Cancellation Policy
JetBlue’s cancellation policy varies for different ticket types. Non-refundable tickets can be canceled before departure with no cancellation fees, but a per-person fee may apply, and you’ll receive a JetBlue travel credit for the remaining balance. If not canceled before departure, you’ll lose the ticket’s value. Refundable tickets allow full refunds before departure, while after departure, unused funds become a JetBlue travel credit, valid for twelve months from the ticketing date.
Flight Change Policy
If you change your travel plans, whether it’s your choice or due to circumstances, any associated EMDs and AE must be refunded. EMDs cannot be exchanged. If you still want to add extras to your new itinerary, you’ll need a new EMD. If your plans stay the same, paid EMDs are non-refundable, and the travel agent may receive a debit memo for improperly refunded EMDs.
If you bought extras on JetBlue’s website and your plans change, contact JetBlue to handle the EMD refund and get a new one.
Name Correction Policy
To request a name correction:
1. JetBlue (B6/279) must be the airline issuing the ticket.
2. All flights on the ticket should be operated or validated by JetBlue (B6/279).
3. Only one name correction is allowed per ticket; further changes are considered name changes and may incur fees.
4. Changes to flights, dates, fares, or fare codes are generally not allowed.
5. Minor name corrections are allowed to match government-issued IDs/passports.
6. Date of birth and gender changes are not permitted alongside a name correction.
7. Only one correction per customer is allowed; additional changes are subject to the Name Change Policy.
Flight Delay Policy
To stay updated on your flight’s status, we’ll send real-time email notifications if there are any changes. You can also check your flight’s status using the Flight Tracker & Status feature or the JetBlue app.
Regarding compensation for flight cancellations:
– For flights booked through JetBlue, if eligible, you’ll receive an automatic email notification within seven days of your scheduled departure; no need to contact us.
– If your flight wasn’t booked directly with JetBlue, please reach out to them seven days or more after your scheduled departure to inquire about possible compensation, as we may not have your contact details.
Missed Flight Policy
JetBlue No-Show Policy:
For nonrefundable flight bookings, if a customer doesn’t cancel and is a no-show, the ticket value is forfeited. ARC Agency customers can convert the ticket value to an MCO, minus cancellation fees, if the booking was made through the GDS. MCOs are valid for one year. BSP Agencies can open a Travel Bank account with the remaining value, minus fees, for the customer.
Refundable fare bookings can be refunded to the original payment method if canceled before departure. No-shows remain open for a year, but refunding incurs a fee. Mint Refundable tickets in a no-show status can be changed back to reusable by contacting JetBlue.
JetBlue allows small dogs and cats weighing under 20 pounds in the cabin. Travel and entry requirements for pets vary by destination, so be sure to check the specific requirements for each place on your travel itinerary.
- International travel may have additional restrictions, documentation, and requirements. U.S. entry requirements for pets depend on their country of origin. Only small dogs and cats are accepted, and their combined weight with the carrier must not exceed 20 pounds.
- The pet and carrier count as one personal item and must fit under the seat. You can purchase a pet carrier at the JFK T5 ticket counter (credit card only). Only one pet is allowed per carrier, and pets must stay inside the carrier at all times in the airport and on the plane.
- If you’re traveling on a Blue Basic fare, you can bring a personal item in addition to the pet carrier since carry-on bags are not allowed.
As of May 11, 2023, travelers entering the U.S. are no longer required to submit vaccination proof or an attestation form, but they must provide contact tracing information.
You may like to read it: Delta Airlines Policies